Green Bay Packers Trio to Visit Our Menasha Store
A trio of the Green Bay Packers' rising stars will meet with fans at Goodwill NCW's Menasha store on Thursday, July 19.
Tight end Tom Crabtree, running back Brandon Saine and linebacker Frank Zombo will sign a limited number of autographs and meet Packer backers from approximately 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the store, 1800 Appleton Road.
"We look forward to hosting each of these exceptional athletes," said Wendy Shoemaker, Goodwill NCW's vice president of retail stores and training centers. "Their visit gives us an opportunity to highlight our many programs and services as well as our ongoing environmental initiatives. Beyond that, it'll be a blast for Packer fans among our shoppers, donors and team members."
Here's a quick bio of each of the visiting players*:
FRANK ZOMBO: No. 58, third-year linebacker ("Like" his Facebook page by clicking here.)
• Finished third among rookies in the NFC with four sacks, trailing only a pair of first-round picks, Detroit’s Ndamukong Suh (10) and the N.Y. Giants’ Jason Pierre-Paul (4½).
• Led Green Bay rookies and finished No. 6 on the team with 67 tackles (45 solo), appearing in 13 games with eight starts.
• Recorded a sack of QB Ben Roethlisberger in Super Bowl XLV to become the first non-drafted rookie to register a sack in a Super Bowl since it became an official statistic in 1982.
• Was one of three non-drafted rookies to make the opening-day roster in 2010, joining C/G Nick McDonald and CB Sam Shields.
• With a sack of QB Michael Vick in the season opener at Philadelphia, he became the first Packers rookie to record a sack in his first game since DE Jamal Reynolds did so in his debut at Jacksonville (Dec. 3, 2001).
• Finished Central Michigan career ranked second in school history with 25½ sacks, trailing only DE Dan Bazuin (35½, 2003-06), who was a second-round draft pick of the Bears in 2007.
TOM CRABTREE: No. 83, third-year tight end ("Like" his Facebook page by clicking here.)
• First signed by Green Bay to the practice squad on Dec. 1, 2009, then made the final roster out of training camp in 2010.
• His lone pro touchdown was the first of the 2010 postseason for the Packers, on a 7-yard pass from QB Aaron Rodgers at Philadelphia in NFC Wild Card contest.
• Originally entered NFL with Kansas City as non-drafted free agent from Miami (Ohio), beginning the 2009 season on the Chiefs’ practice squad.
• Became just the second player from Miami (Ohio) to play in a game for the Packers, joining E Clive Rush (1953).
• Was a four-year letterman and a three-year starter for the RedHawks.
BRANDON SAINE: No. 33, second-year running back ("Like" his Facebook page by clicking here.)
• Signed by Green Bay as a non-drafted free agent on July 28, 2011.
• A four-year letterman for the Ohio State Buckeyes, he appeared in 49 games with 17 starts during his career.
• Finished his college career with 1,408 yards and nine TDs on 301 carries (4.7 avg.) and added 616 yards and eight scores on 55 receptions (11.2 avg.) Voted team captain as a senior.
• Rushed for 337 yards and two TDs on 70 attempts (4.8 avg.) as a senior.
• Had 45 yards rushing and 59 yards receiving with a TD catch vs. Oregon (Jan. 1) in 2010 Rose Bowl win
*All stats come from the official Green Bay Packer Web site.