DIY tablescape features eclectic Goodwill finds
The holidays are filled with gatherings of family and friends, so what better way to create some conversation than curating a unique tablescape? Your local Goodwill is filled with wonderful houseware treasures that pair well when creating a holiday tablescape.
Here are a few key steps to consider when creating a dynamic look that’ll have your guests talking!
Step 1: Search for unique finds at your local Goodwill.
- Look for a variety of serving dishes.
- Find items that match your preferred color palette.
- Mix and match materials like glassware, ceramics and wood.
Step 2: Set your table.
- Begin with your largest pieces first.
- Place in pops of color.
- Continue placing in smaller serving items.
- Finish with adding in smaller detail pieces.
Step 3: Enjoy the final look.
Creating a blended, nonmatching look can seem intimidating, so here are some tips and tricks when going through the process:
- Layer on a cutting board to add more dimension to the tablescape.
- Use candles to create some warmth and depth on the table.
- Practice your tablescape layout before your gathering or event.
Enjoy the process, save some money and celebrate the gathering of friends and family this holiday season!