New partners help to create full Goodwill Community Campus
Over the next month, almost every available office space in the Goodwill Community Campus will be filled.
Starting Aug. 20, the Hope Clinic & Care Center, a Community Care initiative of Appleton Alliance Church, will move locations to make use of the former Partnership Community Health Center, formerly housed within the Community Campus in Menasha.
Hope Clinic is scheduled to begin seeing patients in their new space on Tuesday, Sept. 4. It had been based at Appleton Alliance Church, on the city’s north side, with just two exam rooms.
Hope’s new location is capable of 12 exam rooms, improving the services offered to current and new patients while maintaining the clinic’s mission to provide Hope That’s Free.
“We are very excited to make the change,” said Shelby Miller, executive director at the Hope Clinic & Care Center. “It has been a goal of ours to make the services we offer more accessible to our current patients as well as be able to serve more people in the community.”
“It’s a wonderful fit for all parties, and we’re pleased to see this space — which, until last fall, served thousands of people over 20 years as a health clinic — put to great use again as a place to serve people in need,” said Chris Hess, Goodwill NCW’s president/CEO. “We’re excited to build this new partnership with Hope Clinic, and we look forward to years of joint service to our communities.”
Hope Clinic & Care Center is a Community Care initiative designed as a free medical clinic to serve uninsured and severely under-insured people of the Fox Valley and surrounding areas. The clinic offers services in family and adult medicine, physical therapy and counseling.
The addition of Hope Clinic & Care Center brings the total of programs and services housed on the Community Campus to 26: 17 Goodwill programs and nine non-Goodwill programs.
Other new campus partners are Fox Valley Memory Project and Rebuilding Together Fox Valley.
Here are the Goodwill NCW programs and services based on the Community Campus:
- Menasha Goodwill Retail Store and Training Center
- Community Circles of Support
- Community Development Program
- Financial Information & Service Center (FISC)
- LGBT Partnership
- Miracle League of the Fox Valley
- Neighborhood Partners
- Payment Partner
- Prosperity Center
- Transitional Support Program (TSP)
- Vocational Evaluation
- Vocational Support Services (VSS)
- Voices of Men
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Work Adjustment Training (WAT)
- Work Services
As of Aug. 20, here are the non-Goodwill programs based on our campus:
- Casa Hispana
- Celebrate Diversity Fox Cities
- Epilepsy Foundation Heart of Wisconsin
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin
- Fox Cities Workforce Development Center/Wisconsin Job Center
- Fox Valley Memory Project
- Hope Clinic & Care Center
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Rebuilding Together Fox Valley