Original Halloween Headquarters has everything for season
Since 1971, Goodwill NCW has been serving up deals for Halloween that fright and delight.
Whether our costume consultants help you pull together the perfect one-of-a-kind look with our donated treasures or you choose one of our ready-to-wear costumes, Goodwill has everything you need for the season and is the place to be for adding air or scare to your costume, home décor, party or yard.
And by shopping Goodwill, you’re helping the community you live in. How’s that for a treat!
This Halloween — and every Halloween — your local Goodwill store comes to play for Halloween ghosts and goblins, princesses and cowboys, kiddos and grown-ups.
In each of our 27 retail stores and training centers across Wisconsin, row after row of donated clothing items and accessories give the creative Halloween shopper a great place to stretch themselves and find a distinctive look.
Gowns, dresses, pants, shoes, purses, scarves, belts, hats, sweaters and more … it’s all here for you.
Goodwill also offers new Halloween costumes and accessories — Wigs! Masks! Robes! And more! — for shoppers who need a great look in a big hurry. We also supply Halloween and fall décor to help make your home look as frightening or as welcoming (for little trick-or-treaters) as you like.
There’s no need to be scared of your Halloween costume options at any of the 27 Goodwill NCW retail stores, from one side of Wisconsin to the other.
But we urge shoppers to take advantage of not only what we have in our stores, but HOW we help you get the most for your money: We give you hands-on help in creating the best costume you can buy!
- A costume idea book will be available in every Goodwill NCW retail store, offering dozens of suggestions for your distinctive look.
- That 38-page book is also available online at http://bit.ly/GWLookBook
- A wide selection of makeup to change your usually cheery look into something far more ghoulish.
- Every store has hundreds of apparel and ready-to-make costume items. If the costume is for neighborhood trick-or-treating or a night out on the town, Goodwill NCW has what you’ll need for a great memory in the making!
- Shoes, hats, accessories, gowns, beards, masks, wigs … all at bargain prices, and all for a great cause.
- The princesses in your world will want to see our tutu collection. We have a LOT!
- Want to be a cheerleader for the local team? We can make that look happen in green and gold, red and white, and other team-color combos.
- Goodwill team members will dress up to make the shopping experience fun. Steal their ideas!
- Throwing a Halloween party? We have party accessories for the perfect gathering.
- Beginning Oct. 5, costume consultants will be available in all Goodwill NCW stores to help you create a one-of-a-kind costume.
Here’s when you’ll get a great hand-up in pulling together your Halloween costume:
- Friday: 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Special weekday additional hours:
- Monday-Thursday, Oct. 22-25 and Monday-Wednesday, Oct. 29-31: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- For the fourth consecutive year, we’re getting help from radio personalities across our 35-county footprint. They’ll be dressing in full costume and competing on social media as best-dressed! More details when we get closer to their online contests.
No doubt, Goodwill NCW stores come to play for Halloween. But shoppers make a difference in ways other than their looks. Every purchase supports Goodwill NCW’s 24 programs and services. In 2017, those human-services programs touched the lives of 72,937 people across Wisconsin.
From providing employment opportunities to people with disabilities through job training and job placement to Miracle League baseball (kids from ages 4-19 play the sport on a special rubberized field, with volunteer “buddies”) to FISC (financial counseling) from Payment Partner (payee services and money management) to our VITA program (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance), shopping at Goodwill makes a hometown difference.
Goodwill NCW’s mission — Elevating People — is lived 365 days each year and supported by retail revenue and generous donations, many of which are part of Halloween costumes.