Victim Impact Panel (VIP)Victim impact panel is an opportunity for the community to learn how drunk driving can forever changes lives and communities. Speakers, videos and 911 tapes work together to create a powerful message: Don’t Drink and Drive.
PLEASE watch this page for changes due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
LOCATION: Barron Area Community Center (BACC), 800 Memorial Drive, Barron
- Use the east entrance door off of Memorial Drive (hospital side)
- Check-in is located the main lobby near the auditorium
- Audience size is limited to allow for social distancing
- A face covering or mask is required
Check-in begins at 5 p.m. The program begins promptly at 5:30 p.m. and ends by 6:30 p.m. Victim Impact Panel dates for 2021 are listed at the bottom of this page.
Driver Education Students
Call to pre-register for the Victim Impact Panel at (715) 418-2189, Extension 2. Spaces are limited.
Check with your driver’s education program for questions regarding your requirement to attend a victim impact panel:
- Students taking driver’s education at WITC, contact the Driver’s Education Department, 715-234-7082, ext. 5777.
- Students taking driver’s education at Barron High School, contact Ms. Carla Nordby in the high school office.
Check in at the driver’s education table when you arrive. There is no fee to attend for driver’s education students, parents or guests. Students must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or relative over 18 years of age.
Court-ordered OWI Offenders
- Please call to pre-register for the Victim Impact Panel at (715) 418-2189, Extension 2
- Arrive by 5 p.m. to allow time to submit your registration form, take the Breathalyzer test and to pay your fee. There is no admittance if you have a blood alcohol level greater than 0.0.
- Forms are available at registration if you do not have one.
- The fee is $50 for court-ordered attendees.
The 2021 dates for the VIP are:
- Thursday, January 14, 2021
- Thursday, February 25, 2021
- Thursday, April 1, 2021
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
- Please be aware the dates may change due to Covid-19 restrictions. More dates will be added as needed so the audience size is within Barron County Covid-19 safety guidelines.